There really is a lot to be said about current series in Oakland.
- Team playing low-profile despite three plunkings in Game One. Low is the way, fellas!
- Overall clear desire from both teams to have the Manny Machado-weirdness translate back to baseball (very, very happy about this)
- Lovely stories of Oakland’s great days of yore in Game One from Dave Parker and Dave Stewart
- Team’s impressive ability to shake off tough loss and come out swinging in Game Two
- Return of Jose Canseco to Athletics’ ballpark, in which he admits he was “an emotional wreck” for several days prior. Without comment on his ‘roiding past, Blog found it to be a touching episode
But, if you want a single takeaway from Blog, it’s got to be the clamps.
Image via Comcast Sportsnet
Blog knows many hold Oakland’s ballpark, with its balky plumbing and unbearable piped-in loudspeaker noise, with naked contempt. And that’s understandable. But clamps? CLAMPS? A plastic banner and some clamps?
They can’t go to the store and get some stickies from 3M that would hold the cheap green and black sheets in the “broadcast booth” — Blog uses that particular term loosely — without it being a clamp? I mean really. Clamps.