A few of Wayward O’s readers have asked Blog, Why Blog don’t write much anymore? Is Blog PAYING ATTENTION? Well, fans, Blog of Team is here to tell you that it largely was a product of … FANTASY BASEBALL.
Fantasy Team of Blog of Team Wins the Pennant! And They’re Going Crazy!
But now that tremendously time-consuming and often maddening pursuit appears to be largely over. Oh sure there’s playoffs, but really, winning regular season in Fantasy baseball is surely a greater accomplishment than whatever comes in next few weeks. (After Fantasy Team of Blog of Team’s BYE WEEK of course.)
Anyway next time you see Blog of Team, ask Blog about
- drafting Billy Butler in Round 3 and watching idly, stupidly (esp. since Blog was one of few in position to know better) as Chris Davis fell to Round 9 — after Blog drafted Danny Espinosa in Round 8! He had dual eligibility!!!
- cutting Rafael Soriano three weeks ago in a semi-inebriated fit of pique and watching him, then, go on a tear. Cutting Hyun-jin Ryu earlier on after deciding his “stuff” was sub-par (it kind of is)
- sitting back and relaxing, knowing that, with the No. 2 pick, Blog was going to get Miguel Cabrera since whoever had the No. 1 pick was auto-drafting Mike Trout
- the Madness of Matt Cain and the sublime joy of having drafted Manny Machado
- still having 10 players from original draft at season’s end
And watch this space for (maybe) more frequent super awesome Blog takes on under-performing 2013 Orioles and why, this year notwithstanding, there is reason to believe Team will be in Mix for years to come